This recipe was so easy, a monkey could do it.... (or maybe even Tirzah.)
Thank you to Liz for sending this recipe as a newspaper clipping [Pictured below]. I, of course, did not read it thoroughly before I bought groceries! So here is what I created given what I had on hand. It turned out utterly fantastic and will be an easy, healthy staple moving forward.
15 Minute Carrot & Tomato Soup con Pollo & Picante
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts
- 4 Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- 4 Organic Carrots
- 1 Jalapeno
- 8oz Organic Chicken Stock
- 6 Basil Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (the good stuff)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove any stems.
- Slice the carrots thinly
- Spread all of the veggies (including the jalapeno) on a sheet pan with parchment paper. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan on its own piece of parchment paper with salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies and chicken for 15 minutes - Or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the skin from the tomatoes and throw out.
- Add the veggies, chicken stock, basil (except one leaf for garnish) and balsamic vinegar to the blender and mix on high until smooth.
- Salt and pepper as desired.
- Top with chopped chicken and remaining basil.