3 Issues that can inhibit fat loss and even cause weight gain:
Inflammation ~ Hydration ~ Constipation
Too many hours in the car and sheer boredom and you'd find me playing the "-ation" game. I don't remember who taught it to me, but MAN do I love beating people at this game! The goal is to list as many words as possible that end in "-ation" until there are none left... and I win again. I thought I'd do a spin on this game and discuss...
The foundation of disease... the secrets out, inflammation is making us fat and sick!
Inflammation is a tricky subject so bare with me. Taken directly from NaturalNews.com, Angelo Druda teaches us that,
"Excess sugar in the blood stream causes the pancreas to excrete excess insulin. Regular ingestion of sugar causes the body to become resistant to insulin's sugar clearing effects. Since insulin promotes the storage of fats, weight gain quickly ensues. With little more than a teaspoon of sugar a day, inflammation levels begin to significantly increase. Elevated levels of inflammation dramatically accelerate degeneration in the body and can lead to a host of cell damaging diseases, that greatly reduces longevity."
Powerful stuff... motivation to read labels and set down the soda!
Foods that act as a natural anti-inflammatory
- Omega 3 fatty acids and other healthy fats and oils such as:
- Fish oil, olive oil, caster oil, grape oil, coconut oil, ect.
- Flax seeds, avocado and salt-free nuts
- Fruits that are low in sugar and leafy green vegetables such as:
- Berries, broccoli, chard and spinach
- Protein sources such as:
- Plant based proteins like legumes, nuts and seeds
- Lean poultry, fish and seafood
Foods that cause inflammation
- High fat meats
- Red meat, bacon and sausage
- Pre-sweetened cereals, beverages, desserts, ect.
- Highly processed foods:
- Refined white flours, bread and pasta
(L-Rae Rule: If its in a box, can or bag -- DON'T EAT IT)
Become aware of the causes and symptoms of inflammation and introduce foods into your diet that will fight it naturally.
We've all heard of 'water weight' and its effect on the scale. Are you using it as an excuse for your weight? Either way - It can be controlled.
One of the biggest reasons for water weight gain is dehydration. Consuming your body weight in ounces is the general rule to getting enough water to keep our bodies working properly. (For example, I weigh 110 lbs so I practice drinking a gallon of water each day which is 128oz) If it seems over whelming, break it into smaller sips throughout the day.
Any extra water you're consuming today is better than yesterday, right??
Benefits of hydration include:
- Joint lubrication
- Assists in removing toxins from the body
- Increases mental focus and performance
- Helps energize the body
- Keeps skin looking and feeling young
- Assists in fat loss
In addition, thirst is generally misinterpreted as hunger.... so DRINK UP!
Everyone has experienced it, no one likes it. You could be walking around with several extra pounds. Does that make you full of...? Never mind.
- Inadequate water intake
- Inadequate fiber in diet
- A disruption in or inadequate exercise or mobility
- Excessive consumption of dairy products
Whatever the cause of your discomfort, it is important to identify it and address for many health reasons.