Todays Practice: Strictly Core, Uptown Yoga 8pm
Today I feel: (Before class)
- Physically: I feel tight and sore, but better after a date with a PVC pipe and the foam roller.
- Mentally: Exhausted... Really don't feel like going to an 8pm class - BUT I gave my word.
Today I feel: (After class)
- Physically: Light and sleepy. Ready for BED.
- Mentally: Proud and strong.
My first thoughts after class -
I'm so glad I kept my word to myself! Even after fighting through 'Chair' Pose and wall-sits...
Class was strictly core again and the instructor really pushed us. I had never even seen some of the poses we did but I really enjoyed feeling my abs working.
So often we fight to keep our words to our loved ones even strangers. We make excuses or avoid them entirely... How often do we do that with ourselves? All too often I find myself selling out on promises I made to myself. But what kind of person can I be for the people I love if I can't even keep my word to MySelF?! Just something I've been practicing and it feels good to have kept my promise tonight.
Paleo Style Marinara baby
Topped with a dairy-free basil creme fresh!
One of my favorite dishes... spaghetti and meaty marinara! WHO KNEW it would be so easy to replicate this timeless Italian classic with ingredients our ancestors could swallow :-P No sugar - No dairy... no BS.
What you'll need:
2 heads of Broccoli
1 lb Grass fed lean ground beef
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Can crushed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp basil (I prefer fresh, dried is ok)
1 tsp Stevia
1/4 c diced sun dried tomatoes
1 tsp Onion powder
1 tsp salt free all-purpose seasoning
Basil creme fresh (optional)
1/8 c coconut milk - unsweetened
1 Tbsp minced basil
1/4 tsp Stevia
- Brown and drain the grass fed beef, set aside.
- In a sauce pan add the olive oil garlic, stevia, onion powder and half the basil on medium high heat until bubbly. Add the sun dried tomatoes and cook until heated through. Pour the canned tomatoes into the mixture and simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, steam your broccoli to desired texture.
- Combine the ingredients for the Creme Fresh in a side dish.
- Place your broccoli in a bowl and top with the marinara and drizzle the basil creme fresh on top.
Please share below if you like this recipe...
Remember, Its YOUR LIFE - LIVE FIT!